Dara Wittenberg, M.S.,
Certified Triathlon Coach
I have been a multi-sport coach since 2001 and have trained hundreds of athletes for whom triathlon, running, biking, swimming, fitness and health must fit into very busy lives. My clientele includes lawyers, doctors, full time mothers, office workers, school teachers, nurses, and entrepreneurs - and every one of them has a jam packed schedule. My goal is to help each athlete strike a balance between training to their maximum potential and balancing all the various aspects of their lives, as well as to provide all the information they need to perform at their best and stay healthy and injury free. Over the years, my clients have done everything from complete their first 5k or sprint triathlon to qualify for the Boston Marathon and win age group awards in Ironman triathlons and National Championships in Jet Ski racing!
I achieved a master's degree in Exercise Physiology so that I can provide the most current and accurate information and training strategies for my clients. I continuously look for opportunities to learn more about sports training, coaching and general fitness and health so that I may share this knowledge and expertise with my clients. I am truly passionate about coaching and living a healthy and athletic lifestyle.
- 2010 - Masterís Degree in Exercise Physiology
- 2009 - Certified Sports Nutritionist from the International Society of Sports Nutrition
- 2005 - USA Triathlon Level II certified coach
- 2005 - USA Cycling certified expert coach
- 2005 - RRCA certified running coach
- 2003 - USA Track & Field Level I certified coach
- 2003 - USAC club coach
- 2003 - Accepted for Master's in Exercise Physiology at UNC-Chapel Hill. Full scholarship and teaching assistantship.
- 2002 - Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer designation from IDEA
- 2001 - USAT level 1 certification
- 1998 - Personal Trainer Certification from American Council on Exercise
- 1998 - Graduated NC State University; graduated Summa Cum Laude, B.A. Psychology
- 2012- Presenter at USATriathlon's Art and Science of Coaching Symposium.
- 2011 to the present: Adjunct instructor at Florida Atlantic University in the Exercise Science Department.
- 2007 to the present: founder, owner and coach for TriCoachDara- providing multi-sport coaching for athletes of all levels (from beginner to nationally ranked age groupers) and all distances.
- 2001 to 2007, one of the original co-founders and coach with T3Coaching, coaching athletes of all levels and distances of endurance events.
- 2007 to present: presenter/educator for USA Triathlon Level I coaching/certification clinics.
- 2007 to present- Speaker for Boca Raton Triathletes.
- 2007 to present- Triathlon clinics for the beginner and expert alike.
- 2003 to 2007 contributor to the Ask the Expert of the Healthy Living Section of the Herald Sun Newspaper, Durham, NC.
- 2003 - 6 month featured columnist on triathlon: Herald Sun Newspaper's, Healthy Living.
- 2002/2003 - Featured speaker for Running Start program for CGTC.
- 2001 to 2003 - raised thousands of dollars for a local charity, SNAP-NC, and for the American Red Cross in the wake of the 9/11 disaster by completing the White Lake Half-Ironman Triathlon and the Chicago Marathon respectively.
- 1998 - present - trained/coached multiple athletes to better performances in running, triathlon, cycling, racquetball, and jet ski racing.
- Member of Inaugural Women's National British Fast-pitch Softball team.
- 2000 - present - completed multiple marathons, century bike rides, and triathlons of all distances, including Ironman.
Dara Wittenberg, M.S.
USA Triathlon Level II certified coach
USA Cycling Expert Level Coach
USATF Level I
RRCA certified Endurance Running coach
Certified Sports Nutritionist, CISSN
Adjunct instructor, Florida Atlantic University, Exercise Science Department
and IDEA Advanced PFT